08 October 2005

House Hunt, Day One

Currently in Mentor, OH...looking for a house.

House1: based on the things in the house, I concluded the family living in it was Catholic.
House2: definitely a Indian Family. There was a shrine in the house.
House3: a family that was itching to head to Italy, Provence, or Cali to start a vineyard. They had a wine fridge in their living room. High Tech.

(lunch break. there was a cute emo boy there. didn't quite muster enough courage to pull the totally legit, "hi, I'm moving here to Mentor, what can you tell me about it..how about a tour..after dinner?")

This is where I got excited- we headed to a development called "Lake Erie Shores" heck yes! Some of the homes have VIEWS of LAKE ERIE! Beth and I suffer from NBNALBOWS (Not Being Near A Large Body Of Water Syndrome) during the year. This totally took care of that! The possibility of living by a Lake! I'm freaking out!!

The second to last house: I was feeling pretty good about this house. Then I saw it. It was on the mantle, and I think it was a sign. A Hookah. oh yes.

Today I picked up how the locals say Mentor. It's more of "Mennor" than "MenTor" I don't know about that.

That's it for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith. I think the obvious choice is House Three, soley based on the wine refrigerator detail. That's it, we're hosting Christmukkah Extravaganza in your wine fridge.

10:07 pm  
Blogger eyes on europe said...

does the house come WITH the hookah? can you have your parents work that into the bargain?

2:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home