25 September 2005

the wine was strong, and the hills are alive

..reflections and notes from church this morning...

While we were singing one of the opening hymns this morning Fr. Mark realized the bread on the altar was still wrapped in saran wrap, I think he tried to take it off without anyone noticing, but I did...I guess the saran wrap remover-er is slacking on their job.
This morning the wine was exceptionally strong, I think Father Mark forgot to add a bit of water during the consecration, or something.
The Bishop is coming next sunday, I'm pretty bummed I'm going to be missing him, I've already met two (of course they were Catholic Bishops). (sidenote: when the Bishop came to camp, one of my campers was like, "oh the Bishop, like in chess?" my protestant response "no, but they are both important!")There is also the annual blessing of the animals (after all it is St. Francis-in-the-Fields Episcopal). We have to honour Francis somehow, his feast day is Tuesday October 4th, so I guess Sunday October 2nd is close enough.
One of the songs we sang had an echo, which normally I really enjoy, but this morning it sounded more like it was a song from The Sound of Music!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

wait...so are you going to Mass every week now?

8:08 pm  
Blogger .meredith. said...

This is the church I normally go to it's Episcopal.

8:14 pm  
Blogger eyes on europe said...

they have bishops and whatnot in various protestant denominations, jonny.

11:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meres, there's nothing Protestant about you anymore.

On the positive side, Suzin and I concluded that you could pray us out of Purgatory for our many many many plots executed here on earth.

We also determined that you are a fine candidate for "The Virgin Sister Meredith."

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home