marco polo and eternal damnation
I'm pretty sure I just heard two grown men playing marco polo across the street, at my neighbors'.
I just talked to some Vermonters: James and Beth&Karen.
All of the above informed me that I needed to come to Vermont because the leaves are beginning to change. I was assured that I would see a red tree. Are you kidding me? Like I have never seen a RED TREE? Well, I know that Vermont is famous for it's fall foliage, and I know it's beautiful. I mean they even call the people that come out there to see this bevy of colour "leaf peepers".
James told me that since I knew it was a beautiful area, and I didn't go see it, it was like slapping God in the face, for not seeing his creation. Then further told me that if the rapture came, and we all were taken, I'd be in Eternal Damnation (all for not being a "leaf peeper"!)
He suggested to avoid Eternal Damnation, I should come help him lead a retreat he's having, it's set to be at camp in 2 weeks. (just in time for peeping at leaves) He promised he wouldn't tell anyone I'm not Catholic. I can be a pretty convincing Catholic (except in the presence of a nun in a cathedral in Montreal).

fall in PA isn't too bad, either!


3 Comments:
heck yeah it isn't that bad...people take bus tours through my area every fall for the leaves. So is that what it looks like now? I miss it...I haven't experienced fall for three years now.
Yep, well this is fall of '04. I took it last year when I was randomly home in October. It's like 6 photos pieced together.
It smells like fall outside! I love it!
i would strongly encourage everyone to experience a fall in the blue ridge mountains of virginia.
it's AMAZING.
Post a Comment
<< Home