17 October 2005

helping Father Mark with his interior design needs


Yesterday my mom received a phone call from Fr. Mark. He explained to her that he is in the process of remodeling his attic, and transforming it into a bedroom for he and his wife, Cindy. He asked my mom and I to come over sometime today to assist him in selecting the paint color placement.
Monday apres lunch we ran over to Fr. Mark's. Fist of all, I was amazed by the transformation. Words can not do it justice. He essentially transformed a dirty basement into a "Tuscan inspired Loft". It is sweet, I want to move in! There are alot of angles, and the ceilings are angled down. His color palette is a creamy off white(upper half of the walls, and bathroom, and hallway ), a evergreen (bottom half of a few walls), and a creamy brick coral(chair rail, and trim). He sanded the black wood floor, and uncovered a beautiful hardwood floor, which he was getting ready to polyurethane! I can't wait to see it done.

As we were leaving, Seth came up looking half asleep and said, "Hey, Dad, what's that mythical mountain that all the greek gods lived on?" "Mount Olympus." replied Fr. Mark. Then Seth went back to wherever he came from, just like that. He's so random, I love that kid!

The pic is of Father Mark. It's the only one I could find online. I thought you might like a face with the story. It's pretty excellent because the photo is from the "Faster Pastor" race back in July. It was a stockcar race they had with pastors from local churches. I think he must of won, unfortunately I was not present to see that event!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meredith... BLOG.

11:26 pm  
Blogger eyes on europe said...

YEAH.

11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I typed my name into Google Blog search and landed here. Technology is so scary.

L8ter,
Baxter
www.baxterorr.com

6:38 pm  
Blogger .meredith. said...

freak out!

4:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mere moore orr

10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home