23 January 2006

Sunday recap

Yesterday morning at 9:20 we went to the picture perfect Mentor United Methodist Church. No really, it is. White steeple, tall white columns (I would tell you what kind they are and make Anna Pongracic proud if I honestly could remember), an over abundance of natural lighting in the sanctuary, and an amazing pipe organ. The service was nice, good sermon. Perhaps the factor that peaked my interest was the Associate Pastor- she's from England! Acts 19:1-6 and Mark 1:5-8 never sounded so good! Unfortunately she didn't give the sermon. Someday she will, someday. I can't tell you the last time I went to church at a "single digit hour", uh, that was a wee bit early.
Continuing on, I had florintine eggs benidict for brunch. The best thing ever.
Feeling a little sleepy, I fought the urge to take a nap, as all of us IWU kids are conditioned to do. Who doesn't take a nap after brunch on sundays? Instead I headed to arabica coffee house, only the coolest thing since Mcconn. I wrote some letters, watched people. Hilights include: the woman in her mid thirties with a lavender metallic jacket, and then there was the old lady with purple floral leggings and happy face stickers in her hair. Perhaps the most noticeable was that couple that forgot they were in suburban Cleveland and were kissing like you're allowed to in Paris. They were enjoying a huge piece of Chocolate cake, and I didn't look but I'm guessing they were feeding it to eachother. It was so interesting, though, because none of the other coffee drinkers were bothered by it. The older couple next to them simply commented on their chocolate cake! It's like they were oblivious to the world around them and the world was oblivious to them.
I drove down to the lake, the sky was filled with beautiful pastel colors, the lake still looked cold though!
We went back to Mentor UMC for the contemporary evening service. The fellowship hall was filled with half 8th graders and half adults, and the youth pastor did the service.
After the service, the youth pastor approached me, oh awesome. I knew who she was, but she didn't know how old I was. I smiled inside at the conversation I knew was ahead. She spoke only to me, and not my parents, asking where we moved from, why we moved, etc. Then...."so do you go to Mentor High School". UH. so annoying.
So after she found out how old I am, she introduced me to a girl my age, who went to Ball State, of all places! So now I have a friend. She was just as excited to meet me as I was to meet her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kissing like you're allowed to in Paris" -- a new Merism!!! My eyes teared up, I'm laughing so hard. It's so classic, thus the basis of its appeal.

11:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home