The Great Christmas Tree Chop Down
Today we went to cut down our Christmas tree, old school style with a saw, sled, while trudging through snow. Good times. Last winter it was even snowing as we searched for the perfect tree. Britton and I felt like we should have been in a Point of Grace or Michael W. Smith music video.
This afternoon I was reminded of the last time I went exploring in the woods. It was probably in Smethport, PA on Prospect Hill. I visited my dear friend Jon on my way back home from VT. When we were finishing dinner, Jon's parents suggested that after dinner we take the truck up to Prospect Hill and get some wood. The use for this wood would be for a fire. For some reason, I imagined that: A. Prospect Hill was the name of a store that sold firewood. or B. Maybe there was a store, or an area at a place called Prospect Hill that had wood. well the reality was option C. We went up to Prospect Hill, onto a dirt road, and then stopped the truck in the middle of the road- and literally went into the woods grabbed some tree limbs and tossed them into the bed of the truck. We spent most of our time, however, on what I called "an archeological dig". I found an electrical topper thing. Then together Jon and I found two more, and because "four is a complete set" we continued to search for the last and fourth one, which we soon found before heading out of the woods and down the hill.

Not the wood we took, I'm sure this belonged to a lumberjack.

A faux "country club" we ran across. Note Jon's popped collar, would you expect anything less from him?

A hilarous sign the Country Club posted.


4 Comments:
yeah. okay. now i get it.
Get what?
Ok, first of all, I forgot about these pictures and the fact that I wanted to see them.
Secondly, why didn't you blog them 4 months ago when it happened? Although, seeing them now is a bit more entertaining.
jon. if i told you, i would have to kill you and stuff.
oh this would have been a fun one if you had a sharpie.
"all Violators will be _____"
Circumsized
Treated to Ice Cream
Paper Cut by this sign
Sodomized
Attacked by chipacobras
Post a Comment
<< Home