all I wanted was his email address
Rewind one week, I met this man named John who works for a Coffee Co. in Uganda. He's the marketing rep for them. Well chit chatting turned to talking which turned into networking. (the coveted experience for any recent college grad)
He mentioned he has a friend who, "wants to begin a company that does graphics and web design for missions and non profit organizations" short of photography, did he cut and paste that from my resume?
I tried to send John a follow up email earlier this week, and get the contact info of the guy he mentioned. Well, the email bounced back to me, so I called and left him a voice mail.
He got back to me today, definitely giving me his email, and also wondering if I could do a branding and poster campaign for a Messianic Jewish Church (would that be 'church'?) Cha Ching. I talked it over with him, and due to the fact it was needed before Turkey Day, and the movers are coming monday....I felt like I couldn't devote enough time and enough quality time at that.
Dont Fear: He said he would be willing to take me on as a freelance designer. They have new clients and projects all the time. And the best part, never seen my resume, or uh, yes- any of my work! (excuse me: do you know what you are getting yourself into?)
After showering, ('cause all revelations come in there) I realized I messed up, what was I thinking? J. Schaller and I could have made the messianic Jewish Church a smash hit collaborative effort:


4 Comments:
ah....you have the file with the screwed up font for "Jew". It's supposed to look like Hebrew letters forming the word "Jew".
Which by the way, your shirt is sitting in my room on top of my shoe rack. I should probably send that out or something...Are you coming out the weekend of the 3/4 for the senior art shows by any chance?
YES SHE IS.
well, i mean, she's coming the first weekend in december.
which i think should be the weekend we have jonapalooza.
and hey meres--i think this means you need to move to indianapolis. I DONT CARE SHUT UP...move to indianapolis.
Yes, I'm coming.
It's a secret. Shh.
Love ya'll!
OH MY GOODNESS, MEREDITH!! Congrats on the job contacts.
Post a Comment
<< Home