10 June 2005

2 for 2

So when Susan and I were on our Michigan/ Indiana adventure (also known as Josiah and Karissa's wedding) Susan was really excited about seeing Amish people. I realized that I see Amish people just about every time I go to walmart, and i don't even notice anymore when i see them around, and how seeing Amish could be exciting for people, like Susan.
I started taking note of how many times i do in fact see the Amish in walmart, so far it's 2 for 2. I also take note of what they are buying.

Amish 1. fabric (a given) and a watering can

Amish 2. They had set off the alarm in walmart, it was a dad and a cute little boy. the dad had walkie talkies in his hand.

When i got back from sighting 2 today i was up in my room, and my mom came in from doing errands, and she says "meredith, i just went to an amish market" how ironic.


they are all over.

3 Comments:

Blogger eyes on europe said...

are they multiplying like bunny rabbits?!


my new address:

9064 Woodmoss Lane Apt. 2A
Indianapolis, IN 46250

12:02 pm  
Blogger Jon said...

I think the two questions that I get asked the most by people at school after I tell them I'm from Pennsylvania is "How close are you to Philadelphia?" and "Are you Pennsylvania Dutch?"

I'm pretty sure that I live in the one part of the state that isn't near any Amish people. Probably a good hour and half/two hours away.

2:59 pm  
Blogger Christy Joy Cross said...

Hmmm. I wonder if there are Amish in Indianapolis. I love you Mere. When do you go to camp. Are you allready there?

3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home